Becoming an Amazon affiliate is one of the easiest ways to earn money online.
What you do is quite simple:
- Choose a niche that you’re comfortable with. Choose the department on Amazon.com that suits your niche
- Create a website for the niche
- Apply to become an Amazon affiliate
- Write some great content around the products in your niche, and link to those products on Amazon (with Your affiliate ID of course)
Sounds easy? Because it really is..
Let’s understand how to get started to become a successful Amazon affiliate site in a series of posts. This post outlines all there is to understand on how to get started, and to get the Amazon affiliate basics right.
About Amazon affiliate program
Amazon affiliate program is one of the oldest, most trusted affiliate program on this planet. Period.
You may do product reviews, sell product yourself, compare various products, or teach your readers how to save money while buying products. No matter what you do – if you are doing those activities with products that are sold on Amazon, that is a good enough reason to become part of the program.
Once you become Amazon affiliate (Known as “Amazon Associate”), you’re given Amazon affiliate/associate ID. You can easily get products from Amazon, tag it to your associate ID, and list it on the website for everyone to see. When anyone buys products through your link – boom, you make money.
You could also use other ways at your disposal to get those links out to people who buy. For example, advertise a product with your own money through your link, or send it to your friends and family so that they unfriend you on Facebook. I just prefer websites for now.
Amazon offers a percentage of the product price to you. The commission can vary from time to time – check the updated commissions for various Amazon departments to know the current commissions.
The beauty of this thing – if the user goes to Amazon through your link and buys an unrelated product, you get paid for that too. This is awfully generous of Amazon, and that’s one of the reasons that makes this program so popular.
Why would you want to choose to become an Amazon Associate?
I can perfectly understand it.
You see someone telling you that you are going to earn a lot of money through an affiliate program. You perfectly understand what exactly that someone is telling you, you recognise that there is an opportunity to make money, and you DO WANT to make money.
But, you are afraid.
You’re afraid of failure. You don’t know where to start. And, you don’t see yourself being a person that will do all new affiliate thingy to get you money.
Fear not, my friend. This is technosanct, and we believe it getting you money, even if we die from hunger ourselves (ha ha).
But seriously, why exactly do you want to become an is on associate? Here are the reasons well laid out to you –
[bullet_block style=”size-16″ small_icon=”9.png” width=”” alignment=”left”]
- Amazon has been really long running affiliate program that has been allowed by marketers – big and small
- Amazon affiliate websites are easy to rank, easy to create and do not take a very long time to monetise
- You can become an affiliate for Amazon in multiple countries. For example, I can easily become an amazon.co.uk, amazon.in associate and target buyers from those countries
- You don’t get banned from Amazon affiliate program for your dog barking at your neighbours
- Everyone buys from Amazon. Once you have shown the a shiny new product, people will not suffer from a lack of trust factor to make that sale
- You get lucky, and you make a lot of random sales as well. This is from a situation where the user clicks on your link, and buys a totally unrelated product – she is still making you commissions . This stays active for 24 hours from the time the user clicked on your link. The user makes a purchase within 24 hours of clicking the link, those commissions are going to be yours
- There are hundreds of niche areas, there are millions of products out there that is sold by Amazon. You just pick one( or many) and start churning out content that people want to read and buy
Amazon affiliate program works, and it works for you.
All you need is the right attitude to succeed, and a bit of work.
OK.. “I am sold” you say. What next?
How to get started on Amazon affiliate program?
Let’s make this very simple check list to see what exactly is needed for you to get started as an Amazon associate.
[step_graphics style=”5″ color=””][step style=”5″ text=”1″ headline=”Choose the niche”]
Do some basic analysis to find out whether the niche is profitable. What products sell, and what don’t? How healthy is Amazon for that niche?
[/step][step style=”5″ text=”2″ headline=”Create a website”]
As easy as it goes. WordPress all the way!
[/step][step style=”5″ text=”3″ headline=”Get profitable keywords for your niche”]
Know what sells, and what doesn’t.
[/step][step style=”5″ text=”4″ headline=”Apply for Amazon associate program”]
Do I need to say more?
[/step][step style=”5″ text=”5″ headline=”Create content”]
Create content that people want to read, and content will force them to buy! Don’t forget to set up your product links in the content.
None of that is difficult. I will take you through the entire process step-by-step.